1. Blogging is more time consuming than it looks - taking photos, editing, writing , admin can easily take up a good few hours!
2. 'Rome wasn't built in a day' - that old chestnut of a saying is so true when it comes to blogging - it takes time to build a readership, find your way and generally figure out what kind of content you want to produce.
3. Negativity exists in every walk of life - sadly, theres always going to be some negative issues when it comes to blogs. Theres been quite a bit over the past few weeks. Personally, I choose to ignore it and focus on the good things.
4. Which brings me nicely to no.4 - that there are some awesome people out there!
5. You want to buy every new release - As a blogger and reader, I have a massive wish list. Thank God I have some self restraint.
6. You purchase unnecessary things for photo props - I didn't need that makeup bag, tray or notebook but they make my photos look prettier!
7. You will compare yourself to other bloggers - its so easy to do but its unnecessary pressure. Being yourself is what sets you apart and makes you stand out.
8. Its ok to take a step back - taking a break can bring new and fresh ideas
9. Stats are not that important - If blogging is your source of income then obviously they do but as a hobby, I don't think they're worth fretting over. Sure, its interesting to see what blog posts are most popular and whereabouts your readers are from but if you're enjoying writing/blogging then thats all that really matters.
10. However, if you do want to get your blog out there then networking is a must - twitter chats, commenting, sharing your blog link etc will help do that.
11. Not everyone is going to like you/your blog - your blog isn't going to be everyones cup of tea and that's perfectly ok. It would be boring if everyone liked the same things.
12. Blogging can really improve your confidence - I wasn't in a great place when I started this blog but finding something I enjoy and actually sticking to it has really helped to improve my self esteem. I'm a naturally shy person but putting myself out there a little has given me a boost!
These are just a few things I've learnt in over two years of blogging. I'm sure every blogger has various things they've learnt about the blogging world and themselves in their blogging journey. If you have any, I'd love to know!